- Have a highscore, you want to submit? Email us your video or screen capture [including a sign to your handle/name in photo].
- HIGHSCORE GAME CHALLENGES: Yes, start a challenge via a photo OR video (any platform that offers emulation or contemporary) or play/record a video; take a photo [including a sign to your handle/name in photo] and email us, we will update the game's leaderboard.
- ARTICLES/REVIEW: Yes, send them along. Terms: Permission for RETROBYTES to archive and serve. Copyright is retained by respective authors.
- ADVERTISING: Free square buttons or vertical banners are available for homebrew game creators or linux/development open-source projects. Simple time-based display, non-intrusive, selective ads on topic that will not affect or exploit user privacy and site performance can be considered.
- SUGGESTIONS/BUGS: Send them along, help appreciated.
- CONTEMPORARY OS PLATFORMS: (a) Linux (b) Portable Windows (c) cross-platform or (d) web/html/js games.
- GAMING/EMULATION: All vintage platforms, some examples: C64, C128, VIC-20, PET, Amiga, ZX Spectrum, ZX81, Tandy, TI-99, Tangerine Oric, Odyssey2, Amstrad CPC, SAM Coupe, Sega MegaDrive (Genesis), Atari 2600/5200/7800, XL/XE, Jaguar, Lynx, Mattel Intellivision, Colecovision, Nintendo NES, SNES, TurboGrafX, Vintage/Retro-styled PC/DOS, Windows (Small Portable/WINE compliant), Linux, Web technologies such as HTML, PHP, JS; old Flash games, ETC.
- The term I use to generally categorize games from any platform that are: [a] low in file size (certainly under 700MB, such as a CD, and usually less than 150MB if not smaller into low MB or KB range); [b] do not use tons of resources, cpu or ram. In other words NOT 20GB multiplayer cloud-based DRM games.